Wednesday 15 October 2014

Tongue Twisters

I wish letting people come to me would mean entrancing the audience with my delightful French accent but let's face it. If you are to act in the UK, you need to sound like someone from the UK. It's bloody restrictive for an actor if you can't be somebody's mother, aunt, daughter... because you sound like a foreigner.
So I started classes in Received Pronunciation with a wonderful coach and fomer classmate of mine, Anna O'Hara.
We're working on the 'O' to start with - which apparently British people pronunce something like 'O-U' - and she's making me work with tongue-twisters:

Better Botter bought some butter
But she said this butter's bitter
If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter
So she bought some better butter
Put it in her bitter batter
And it made her bitter batter better

No comments:

Post a Comment